29 June 2008

Redondo Beach



We drove from Sacramento to the South Bay this morning without a single bathroom, food, or gas stop. It was a mellow drive; we talked and listened to music the whole way, and the kids never took off their headphones long enough to bug each other.


We had dinner at Vince's Spaghetti with the Aguileras. We don't see them often enough. Jesse is as sweet as ever, and Brandon and Michael have mysteriously grown into handsome young men. Brandon will always be eight years old in my mind. I just can't fathom that he's seventeen and taller than I am! Emily is the absolute spitting image of Amy now. I always hoped Caroline and Emily would be great friends like their moms, and my wish came true. They adore each other!


After we said our goodbyes to the Aguileras, Steve and I took the kids for a walk through the old neighborhood. It's a perfect night. Steve and I are watching the waves, Daniel is building a mound of sand, and Caroline's reading the latest Warriors book and missing Emily.

Amy, I love you hugely!

No comments: